Have you heard of Orthodontic wax or tooth wax? It is one of the best inventions in cosmetic dentistry. Imagine suddenly you experienced a dental discomfort and you see the braces or the wires are hurting you then what you do? Orthodontic wax is the answer, an excellent solution that gives you a comfortable, temporary fix to cover braces or dentures. Also, protect your mouth from soft tissues.
What is Orthodontic wax?
Generally, orthodontic wax is known as tooth wax or dental wax. Paraffin, beeswax, or carnauba wax helps in preparing Orthodontic wax. It is solid at room temperature. It easily sticks to the surfaces inside your mouth, and it’s very smooth in texture. However, Dental wax helps and protects your gums, lips, and cheeks. It is transparent in color, so while using it is not noticeable. You can also find a few waxes which have flavors like mint, bubble gum, etc.
How is Orthodontic wax used?
It is safe to eat and drink when using orthodontic wax. Do not panic, if few pieces come into your mouth. It does not contain any harmful chemicals.
Check the following steps when you apply the wax:
- Brush your teeth and wash your hands before using the wax.
- Take a small piece of wax and roll it with clean hands into a ball.
- When you take in your hands, it softens to give a shape.
- You need to apply pressure to make it stick on the surface.
- When you see wax peels of use more if required.
Remember, orthodontic wax is a temporary solution for dental irritations. But if you have any sharp appliance surfaces inside your mouth, be sure to see a dental professional as soon as possible.
How long Orthodontic does last?
Well, Orthodontic wax is affordable and available at any pharmacy. You can use a floss to remove it, but make sure do not damage your graces or gums. Orthodontic wax may last for two days and also good to replace and to use fresh wax.
What can I use instead of this wax?
When you are running out of these waxes or want to ignore them for some reason, you hunt for other options near you.
Check on the available alternatives of orthodontic wax.
- Silicon wax: It is one of the popular wax strips available in the market. You can easy to apply, remove, and comfortable use on any rough surfaces.
- Bee wax: It is a natural wax, which is long-lasting, easy to apply, and clean.
- Cheese wax: It is very safe to use and harmless, one of the best alternatives.
- Candle wax: Easily available at every house, but avoid swallowing as not good for your health.
- Halloween wax: These waxes are pliable, non-toxic, and good to use.
Consult with your dentist, who will recommend an appropriate treatment for long-term resolution. It’s always a good idea to keep some on hand. You can pick up your wax from a local pharmacy whenever you are running short of wax.